404 Not Found
To Continue our support for emerging artists and our partnership with The Other Art Fair we are interviewing some of the artists showing at the Spring 2013 edition of The Other Art Fair:
1.Is this your first TOAF ? if so why are you exhibiting? If not why are you coming back?
It is my first time, It is for me an opportunity to show my work in London, my work has never been shown in GB.
2. Can you tell us more about your work and what are the main ideas you like to express?
My aim is to photograph the soul of my subjects, people and things. My aim is to wake up the viewer, to make him ask questions about himself and the meaning of life, to make him see beauty in ordinary things. To make him aware of things
3. How do you start the process of making work?
Very different for each project. I am very intuitive and I follow my instincts. Each series of photographs has its own way of revealing itself to me.
4. Do you consider the viewer, when making your work?
I consider the way I want to transmit my idea to the viewer. I consider the impact my image will have on him. So in that regard yes I consider him and I show them respect.
5. What work will you be showing at TOAF ?
Some of my work around the body, and a new series about cities. This work is inspired by old postcards, at the time they printed postcards about everything, to show and express moods, feelings of different places. I am doing sketches of moods in big cities, not like reportage, more like aquarelles…
6. What was the most intelligent thing that someone said or wrote about your work?
Intelligent things are a construction of the mind, my work is more raw, more sensual, I like it when it gets “under the skin ” of the viewer, so I appreciate a lot when people tell me that they are
” touched” by my work
7. Which artists would you most like to rip off, sorry, I mean appropriate as a critique of originality and authorship?
I would love to posses the skills of a classical sculptor like Michelangelo or Camille Claudel
8. What does you art cost ?
Everything from 0 to a lot, depending on the situation. At the art fair from £250 to £500.
9. Which art work are you most proud to have created ?
The last picture – always
10. Final question if you had $75,000 to buy some art with , what would you buy ?
I would buy work from emerging artists, both because I have ” un coup de coeur” and because I think emerging talents have to be encouraged-like everybody buys the already established ones.
You Can See Cat at The Other Art Fair Ambika P3 Marylebone London NW1
April 25th-28th 2013 www.theotherartfair.com