Tabish Khan brings you five art exhibitions in London that you should visit during the week. Each one comes with a concise review to help you decide whether it’s for you.
1. Edouard Martinet @ Sladmore Contemporary
Impressively detailed and lifelike insect sculptures made from found car and motorcycle parts.
2. Marcel Broodthaers – A Decor: A Conquest and Bricks: 1966-1975 @ Michael Werner
A surreal and playful installation featuring racks of assault rifles and crustaceans playing cards.
3. Tammam Azzam: I, The Syrian @ Ayyam Gallery
Bitingly satirical street art shows this artist as more than just a one trick pony.
4. Tom Hunter: Axis Mundi @ Purdy Hicks
Hulking monoliths contrast with the beautiful sunsets in the background.
5. Aaron Young: Limited Exposure @ Massimo de Carlo
Blowtorched paintings immerse the viewer as you can smell the charred works.